This article is for users who have encountered the following error message:
The program can’t start because STI.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Why are you seeing this error?
The STI.DLL is a library the for Windows’ Still Imaging. During installation, Scan2CAD will check your PC to ensure that this required .DLL is installed.
Most Windows PCs will have this .DLL installed by default. We have only known of this error occurring with Windows Server editions. You can learn more on this handy Windows forum thread.
How to resolve this error
The solution is simply to install the STI.DLL on your computer. This is a Windows Library. Since we have only heard of this error existing on Windows Server editions, we have provided step-by-step instructions for resolving this error on Windows Server.
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Server Manager.
- In Server Manager, click Add Features under Features Summary.
- In the Add Features Wizard dialog box, make sure that the Desktop Experience option is selected.
- Click Next, and then click Install.
- After the installation process is complete, click Close, and then close Server Manager.
After installing this DLL you will not see this error from Scan2CAD again.