‘Error code 11’ is unique to USB licenses. To understand this error we should first bear in mind how your USB license is designed to be used.
How the USB license works
- The USB license creates a file on your USB device of choice.
- You will be able to run Scan2CAD on any PC which has the USB device inserted.
- When you install Scan2CAD for the first time you generate your license to your USB device.
- This locks your purchased license to this specific device.
- It is not possible to copy the file to other USB devices.
- It is not possible to run Scan2CAD if the license has been wiped from the USB device.
Why you would see ‘error code 11’
There is usually just one of three reasons why you would see ‘error code 11’. These potential reasons are:
- Your license has been moved from one USB device to another. In this case the file should be moved back to the original USB device.
- The license file is not present on the USB device. This is possible if the file has been deleted, or the device has been wiped or corrupted.
- It is less likely but possible that your PC’s USB port is not working as expected. Try changing USB ports on your PC to resolve.
If none of the above resolves we’re always here to help.