Version 10.4 – named Gauss – is a major update that features a number of new features, improvements, and fixes.
Most notably, 10.4 sees the introduction of OCR on exploded vector text, typically found in vector PDF files.
Here is the full list of changes in 10.4
- New: Run OCR on exploded text in vector files.
- New: Quick Export button to save vector files.
- New: Support for CIT raster images.
- Use ‘Escape’ keyboard shortcut to return to the cursor tool.
- Many improvements to the ‘Convert Vector Image’ dialog.
- Improvements to the ‘Vector Information’ panel
- Improved the scaling by DPI method.
- Multiple improvements to the handling of text in PDF files.
- Fixed an issue in which ‘Attach end points’ was not working.
- Fixed ‘Go to page’ feature when opening a PDF.
- Fix to circle recognition in ‘Convert Vector Image’ feature.