About a PC License
When you install Scan2CAD for the first time, the application creates a license file and places it on your PC (hard-drive).
The PC on which you install the application will be licensed to use Scan2CAD.
Each license allows for a single concurrent user of Scan2CAD. This means your number of licenses is equal to the number of simultaneous users of the software. You can add new licenses whenever you wish.
Step-by-step installation instructions
- As always, it is best practice to install software whilst running as the PC’s Windows Administrator.
- Download the install package which was provided with your license.
- Launch the install package.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to continue through the screens. Enter your installation code when prompted. This is the 2 digit code which was provided with your license details.
- You will see an ‘installation successful’ screen. Select ‘Finish’.
- Launch the newly created Scan2CAD application. This may be located on your desktop and your Start Menu.
- You will see the activation welcome screen. Select ‘Next’
- You will be asked which activation method you wish to choose. It is strongly recommended that you choose ‘online activation’ this is instant and easy. ‘Email activation’ should only be chosen if you are activating on a PC which does not have internet access. Select your activation method and click ‘Next’. (The rest of these steps assume that you have chosen ‘Online activation’)
- Enter your details as required for registration including your serial number. Only the fields marked in red are required. Click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Next’ again ensuring you are connected to the internet.
- You will see a message saying ‘You have successfully activated Scan2CAD’ You do not need to enter an activation key on this screen. Simply click ‘Next’ to finish activation.
- The application will launch immediately after activation.
Moving your license to another PC device
You can of-course move your license to another PC if you wish. This can not be done by simply copy and pasting the license file nor by uninstalling the application.
For a step-by-step guide on how to transfer your license to a new USB device please see: → How To Transfer Your License To Another PC
Looking after your license
Please take note of the following points to look after your license.
- Please keep a copy of your license serial number and installation code in a safe place for your records and future reference.
- You must deactivate your license before wiping your PC.
- Do not delete your license file.
- You require read and write privileges to run Scan2CAD and access the license file – on some user’s PC this will require running as administrator.
- If in doubt, please feel free to contact Scan2CAD support we are here to help.
About Subription Licenses
The above information is relevant for your license whether it is a ‘lifetime’ or ‘subscription’ license. Please bear the following additional information in mind:
- Subscription licenses verify that your license is valid by regularly checking the license server (across the internet.) You should ensure you have internet access when you launch the application.
- You can upgrade, downgrade, cancel or renew your license at your account
- A subscription license is not suitable for a PC which does not have regular internet access. In those cases we would recommend a lifetime license.
- If your recurring payment for a subscription license is declined or canceled, your license will expire and you will not be able to launch the software. You can always update your payment details in your account